The Top 10 Things to Do in Providence, RI
Vacation and travel attractions for the whole family in one of New England's greatest cities
Waterplace Park, Providence, RI (photo by Eric H.)
by Eric H., VisitingNewEngland.com
2. Sample the Italian-flavored neighborhoods of Federal Hill and try a thin-crust or deep dish pizza at the famous Sicilia's.
3. Shop at Providence Place, an in-town 160 store, three-story modern mall. It's one of the best looking malls in New England and features JC Penney, Macy's and Nordstrom.
4. Go to Waterplace Park, an open space that provides a four-acre oasis in the heart of the city with a one-acre pond (leading to three city rivers), cobblestone promenade, an amphitheater with events and entertainment, arched Venetian style bridges over the water and charming, authentic gondolas and water taxis to tour this great area.
5. Marvel at the mile of Colonial homes on Benefit St.
6. Visit the Roger Williams Zoo, one of New England's largest and best maintainted zoos.
7. Catch a Pawtucket Red Sox game in neighboring Pawtucket, RI. The Pawtucket Red Sox are a Triple A Minor League Baseball affiliate of the Boston Red Sox -- so you get to see some of baseball's best prospects!
8. Patron the arts! The Tony Award-winning Trinity Repertory Company, Providence Performing Arts Center, the Rhode Island Philharmonic, the Museum of Art/Rhode Island School of Design and alternative theater and dance productions give the city myriad an amazing array of theater, fine arts and orchestral music opportunities.
9. Eat at Camille's at Federal Hill for a casually elegant authentic Italian meal.
10. Go with the family to the Providence Childrens' Museum with its bright, colorful and modern setting and enough interactive activities to spend the day.
Read more on Providence, Rhode Island, here
Information from VisitingNewEngland.com comes from our editorial staff. Advertisements do not influence the articles and points-of-view on VisitingNewEngland.com, unless otherwise specified. Rates and event dates are subject to change. We recommend calling your New England destination first before setting out on the planned itinerary.
| New England Vacation and Travel Feature Stories | Connecticut Travel
| Maine Travel
Travel | New
Hampshire Travel | Rhode Island Travel
| Vermont Travel
| Best New England Cities, Towns,
| Site Map | Contact Us |
Copyright, VisitingNewEngland.com 2001- . All rights reserved.