If you’re looking for fun, affordable travel ideas for this Memorial Day Weekend (and beyond) in New England, here are 10 ideas that we think you’ll enjoy:
1. Watch how they make salt water taffy at The Goldenrod in York Beach, Maine — and then buy some for the ride home!
2. Visit some of the most beautiful ocean beaches in New England.
3. Eat some lobster at the outdoor patio or deck at Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough, Noank, Conn. The price of lobster seems to be lower than most other place we’ve been and the water views are amazing!
4. Experience the world’s longest candy counter at Chutters in Littleton, N.H. Malo cups or Bit-O-Honey, anyone?
5. Hike or drive Mt. Cadillac at Acadia National Park, Maine. This is the highest point on the Atlantic east coast. Spectacular sunsets here!
6. Ride the former Paragon Park 1928 Carousel at Nantasket Beach, Hull, Mass. Right across from Nantasket Beach, a great stretch of beach south of Boston.
7. Shop at the Vermont Country Store in Weston, Vt., a quintessential Vermont general store offering just about everything under the sun.
8. Travel to Galilee, a Narragansett, R.I., neighborhood that’s a live, authentic fishing village with nice ocean beaches and great seafood restaurants.
10. Take in a Fenway Park tour in Boston, Mass. and learn about the stadium’s history, unique features, upgrades as well as Boston Red Sox history and anecdotes.
Most importantly, we recommending attending a Memorial Day Weekend event to honor American service members that died while on military service. Have a safe, fun and meaningful Memorial Day Weekend, everyone!