Rain happens, why fight it by staying in your house and complaining about the weather — and what could have been if it was a nice day?
Fortunately, your New England travel and vacation plans do not have to be all wet during an inclement weather day. Here are six inexpensive ways to enjoy a rainy New England day:
1. Visit a museum in the Boston area that charges a nominal admission fee — or better yet, no admission charge at all!
2. Go for a tour or some tastings at a Maine microbrewery or winery.
3. Buy some penny candy at Chutters in Littleton, N.H. If that isn’t enough, they have a candy counter that is nearly 112 ft. long!
4. Spend some time in a castle. Tours are available for a nominal fee at the spectacular Gillette Castle in East Haddam, Conn. You won’t believe the enormity and authenticity of this medieval-like fortress overlooking the Connecticut River.
5. Enjoy coffee and a movie in Keene, N.H. The Colonial is a old-time indie theater and right next door is Brewbakers for some freshly made coffee, baked goods, and sandwiches.
6. Take a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream tour at its factory in Waterbury, Vt. Learn about how the ice cream is made, and even receive a free sample!
We’d love to hear about your rainy day New England travel and vacation ideas. Please share your ideas in the comments box below.Follow us on social media